Ethical Guidelines for using Donax
Donax and Donax website (“Donax”, the “Site”, “we”, “us” or “our”) facilitates the use of cutting edge digital technologies to make supply chains more transparent. We are a tiered software service and to keep our offer inclusive we offer a free Member tier. We see Donax as part of a business’ marketing effort – but we are not in the business of advert making. Donax exists to showcase and facilitate the telling of true stories of great products, not made up fairy stories.
We commit to fair and transparent business practices ourselves. We promise to treat all members fairly, communicate our policies clearly, and support everyone to the best of our ability. We believe that one of the best ways to make sure Donax doesn’t become evil is through the use of decentralised technology – that is why Donax is working towards becoming a decentralised application operating on a blockchain.
That said, we also request a few things from you, too.
- RESPECT IP RIGHTS. We’re a platform for makers and creators all along a product’s supply chain – but anyone can add data: Please only upload photos that you created or have written permission to use.
- KEEP IT REAL. Donax is for real-life making, not airbrushed faux craft. Minimise the use of photo editing such as excessive filters, photo-collages, borders, faux-crops, overlaid text or vectors. Keep it raw and real.
- TELL A STORY. Write some words to go with your photos. The context turns a pile of photos into a story. Sometimes just a few words can make all the difference.
- KEEP IT IN CONTEXT. Donax is a platform for showcasing the people, places and processes behind the creation and lifecycle of products. We are social but Donax is not a social medium for uploads unrelated to products or their journey.
- GIVE US FEEDBACK. Bumped into a bug? Something doesn’t look right? Seen something that shouldn’t be here? Have an idea for a feature? Tell us. We love hearing from you.
- DON’T UPLOAD AN IMAGE YOU DIDN’T CREATE OR YOU DO NOT HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION TO USE. Intellectual property rights (including copyright) violations will not
- DON’T BE MEAN. Don’t use Donax to annoy, harass, or abuse anyone. Hate speech, impersonation, and intimidation are not allowed.
- DON’T LIE. This is a platform for true stories, not for fiction.
- DON’T MISREPRESENT. Whilst on higher tiers of the Donax service authenticity is proven, on the free tier it’s currently not. We ask you to seriously think about the content you upload. Someone will notice if it’s a complete misrepresentation of your work practice, and we will remove your contribution from our Site.
We reserve the right to remove any image, story, or member that violates these guidelines. We would love to see Donax flourish – so please don’t make us intervene.
Got a question about something not covered here? Just ask.
To contact us, please submit our Contact Form.